Job Vacancy - Administration Assistant - Nairn BID
Friday, 26th June 2020
Hours: 2 days per week - flexible, part time
Salary: £8.50 - 9.25 per hour
Nairn BID is looking for an administrative assistant to provide support to the BID manager.
A bright and positive personality is sought to help with everything the BID does, from applying to the council for permission to host events, to making sure our communication reaches the right sectors of our database, to updating the website to co-ordinating painting, cleaning and seagull - clearance work. Covering for the manager when she is on annual leave will also be expected.
The post is for 16 hours per week and will include a range of duties which will include planning of meetings and events, engagement with members, electronic filing and project support. Some flexibility will be required for meetings and events which will include limited evening and weekend work.
● Scheduling of BID time and events on a yearly, monthly, weekly and daily basis.
● Answering emails and phone calls
● Agenda and taking/typing up minutes for board and other meetings
● Planning of business breakfasts and other events
● Engagement with members & support with through regular communication
● Assist with website and social media updates
● Electronic filing and management of relevant documentation
● Support projects and events
Experience in an office environment would be beneficial with a good knowledge of Microsoft
office and other online/ cloud applications. Applicants should be comfortable working off their
own initiative and having direct contact with businesses and other organisations.
● IT literate
● Great interpersonal skills
● Great communication skills: written, verbal and digital
● Database management
● Can-do attitude
● Quick to learn
● Self starter
● Problem solver
● National 5 English and Maths
● At least 2 A levels, Highers or equivalent
● Social media skills
● Local knowledge
● A year’s experience in an admin role
For more information on Nairn BID, it’s objectives and to contact us directly find us at http://www.nairnconnects.com
Please submit a CV with covering letter as soon as possible but by the 15th July 2020 at the latest to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will be carried out on a rolling basis but only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.