My MA Journey - Stephanie Lambie
Wednesday, 17th May 2017
I started working with Developing the Young Workforce within Inverness Chamber of Commerce on the 1st of August 2016. It was a new experience for me because I’d never worked in an office environment before. This meant that there were lots of new skills to learn, including: answering calls, inputting data, emails, managing event bookings, producing event materials and networking at events. I created, managed and updated the social media strategy.
I have recently achieved my Modern Apprenticeship in Business Administration level 3. I have been working towards this qualification over the past year, with support from Virtual Learning Academy. To achieve the qualification, I have had to demonstrate my abilities in managing workload, communication, and planning, as well as improving my performance in a business environment. The units that I completed are:
- Review and maintain work in a business environment
- Plan how to manage own performance in a business environment
- Communicate in a business environment
- Using email
- Support the organisation and co-ordination of events
- Support other people in a business environment
- Design and produce docs in a business environment
- Meet and welcome visitors in a business environment
To anyone who is thinking about doing a Modern Apprenticeship in business administration, I would highly recommend it. You can get a great qualification while getting work experience at the same time - allowing you to explore your strengths and weaknesses in various aspects of work.