WE ARE HIRING - School Coordinator, Dingwall Academy
Tuesday, 25th January 2022
Job title: School Coordinator
Reports to: DYW Operations Manager
Hours: Monday to Friday - Term Time
Salary: £24,150 - School Term Time
Location: Dingwall Academy
Contract type: Full time, school term contract. Fixed term until March 31st 2023, however subject to satisfactory performance and funding, the role will continue beyond.
The role is primarily focused on developing and implementing a programme of employer engagement aimed at enhancing the curriculum and increasing pupils’ career awareness, employability and meta skills development. The key aim of the role is to work to embed the Developing the Young Workforce strategy into schools in conjunction with the local DYW lead and the school senior management team, working closely with other school coordinators, skills agencies and local business communities.
Applications are accepted from a wide range of industry backgrounds with the successful candidate having demonstrated a genuine desire to utilise their workplace and career related experience to support young people to make connections and access opportunities valuable to their future and that of the local and regional business community.
The position is full-time, working during school terms only.
- Develop DYW agenda across whole school through pupil focused delivery in conjunction with school management
- Develop partnerships and networks with the DYW Network, Skills Development Scotland, business community, key stakeholders and education to support the delivery of the DYW agenda in the school
- Monitor and review DYW activity against school and regional DYW objectives and targets
- Provide leadership on promoting DYW objectives and activities through engagement with regional/national programmes and other DYW practitioner networks
- Experience in the private sector is desirable
- Good understanding of business-related operations, recruitment and Apprenticeships
Communicating & Influencing:
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing, with sensitivity and respect for others
- Use ICT, social media and digital resources to communicate and share information
- Demonstrates an ability to work effectively and collaboratively as part of a team to achieve collective results
- Demonstrates an ability to develop and nurture positive working relationships and networks with a range of stakeholders to support delivery of desired outcomes
Managing & Delivering Quality Service:
- Work with team to set priorities, create clear plans and manage all work, projects and events to meet business objectives and needs of stakeholders
- Develop and monitor quality of service with involvement from range of staff, stakeholders and delivery partners
- Keep internal teams, stakeholders and delivery partners fully informed of plans and possibilities
Changing & Improving:
- Seek out opportunities to create effective change and suggest innovative ideas for improvement
- Review ways of working, including seeking and providing feedback
- Focus on learning and development for self, others (including young people) and organisation as a whole
How to Apply:
A CV and Personal Statement (500 words max) describing why the candidate considers themselves to be the most suitable candidate for the post (with reference to the criteria set out within the person speciation) should be submitted to Sandra McCaughey, DYWICH Interim Programme Manager, via email at email@example.com by 13th of February 2022.
For additional information regarding this position please contact Sandra McCaughey at firstname.lastname@example.org